Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow...in Houston?


Who said it doesn't snow in Houston? After a day of beautiful 70+ degrees we were in for a special treat. It was Wednesday, December 10th. I first heard the radio dj talk about snow in the area about an hour away, but I really didn't think much of it. I really didn't think it would be the kind to stick to the ground! I checked outside and nothing! About an hour later I noticed some small sleet or freezing rain. And finally just as we were getting ready to leave for Cubbies, small flurries began to fall. I still did not have high hopes it would accumulate. But, as the evening progressed it began to snow harder and harder and by the time we left cubbies, our car had a nice covering of snow as well as much of the grass and areas around the streets. We were able to do snowball fights with our friends and make a small, but significant snow man! It was so much fun and a special treat. We later warmed up with hot chocolate and let the girls stay up way past their bedtime. We even had snow on the ground till about noon the next day!

No comments: